One of the great things I love about living so close to my family & friends is that I get to see them almost every weekend. It’s so great to plan our special weekends, which always include delicious Italian food. However, every now & then at lunchtime I get that unexpected knock at the door with a group of people behind it asking, “What’cha cooking for lunch?”
No problem…I got this. “Come on in!” Lucky for me, my kitchen is stocked with the essentials: a loaf of Italian bread on the counter, ricotta cheese in the fridge, & a few jars of Casa Giulia Orange Jam & Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread in the pantry.
First step is to get some app’s out right away. I decide to make some Casa Giulia Orange Bruschetta:
- Slice the loaf of bread in to one inch slices, lightly butter, grill on your indoor or outdoor grill, approx 2 minutes on each side.
- Take the bread off the grill & then spread approx 1 Tablespoon of ricotta cheese (any kind is fine, I prefer Part Skim) on each slice.
- Top each slice with 1 Tablespoon of Casa Giulia Orange Jam, garnish with a basil leaf, serve to your guests!
Meanwhile, I happened to be cooking some chicken breasts on the grill before my unexpected guests arrived. Perfect! All I needed to do is whip up a nice sweet & spicy dipping sauce for my grilled chicken.
- On the stove, in a small saucepan, warm 2 Tablespoons (not drained) of Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread on medium heat.
- Add an entire jar of Casa Guilia Orange Jam to the saucepan.
- Add 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice & salt to taste, if desired.
- Stir for 5 minutes until all ingredients are mixed.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for the chicken.
It doesn’t matter if you’re planning a special get-together or if you have unexpected guests arrive on a Saturday afternoon, as long as your kitchen is stocked with Casa Giulia Orange Jam & Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread, you’ll be able to accommodate anyone!
–Andrea Formato Castner