Posts Tagged ‘penne rigati’
Sunday, April 26th, 2009
- Cook one 12 oz bag Penne Rigati as directed on the package. Drain
- Heat 1-2 Tblsp oil from a jar of Formato Brothers Hot Pepper Spread in a very large skillet. Add 1 large onion, chopped. Saute for 3 miutes. Add 1/2 cup chopped green pepper & continue to saute until soft.
- Remove casings from 2 -3 five inch pieces of Italian sausage. Break up into pieces & add to skillet.
- Saute until sausage is brown.
- Add 2 cloves of chopped garlic, liberal amounts of oregano, garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- Add 16 oz tomato sauce & 4 oz water. Add the pasta. Stir & cook all a little longer.
- Serve with garlic toast & a crisp salad.